Call 080 1000 240 or
Send a ‘please call me’
to 072 557 8077
Possible compensation for current or ex-gold mine workers or their dependants (wife, child, or life partner) who got sick with silicosis and/or TB.
African Rainbow Minerals, Anglo American, AngloGold Ashanti, Gold Fields, Harmony and Sibanye-Stillwater and mineworkers’ lawyers have agreed to a settlement to pay compensation to eligible mineworkers who got sick with silicosis and/or TB while working at one of their mines listed here.
- If you are a mineworker who is sick with silicosis or TB and worked at one of the gold mines listed here anytime from 12 March 1965, or
- If you are a dependant (wife, child or life partner) of a mineworker who got sick with silicosis and/or TB and worked at these gold mines anytime from 12 March 1965, and has died
SILICOSIS AND TUBERCULOSIS CLASS ACTION: APPLICATION TO COURT FOR APPROVAL OF SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT
Compliance with order of court dated 13 December 2018
The documents below are published in compliance with the order of court dated 13 December 2018:
- Notice of Proposed Class Settlement (525.43 KB)
Copies of the Notice in Afrikaans, Chichewa, isiXhosa, isiZulu, Ndebele, Portuguese, sePedi, seSotho, seTswana, siSwati and xiTsonga are available under resources
Settlement Agreement, consisting of:
PLEASE BE PATIENT
It will still take a few months before the fund can pay compensation because the court has to approve the settlement agreement. The fund will communicate when it is ready.
CAN I REGISTER FOR COMPENSATION?
If you have already registered somewhere you do not need to register again. If not, then you can register on this website or call 080 1000 240. Please do not travel to the mines or Johannesburg. See the FAQ page for more details.
- To register is FREE.
- To claim compensation is FREE.
- Your medical benefit examination will be FREE.
- You do not need to pay anybody to help you with your claim.