How to claim

The establishment of a Trust to provide additional benefits to ex-miners and their dependents must still be approved by the South Gauteng High Court. This may take some months. So, these additional benefits are not yet available.

Once the Trust is established it will use the same information that the MBOD uses. So, it would be a good idea for potential beneficiaries to register their claims with the MBOD as soon as possible, and to have their medical benefit examinations. Here’s more information that will assist you in this MBOD process.


Potential claimants can do one of the following:
  • Your local TEBA office can assist you to fill out a V12 form
  • Phone the call centre at 080 1000 240 or 0800 110 110 and they will help you to fill out a register form
  • Send a ‘please call me’ to 072 557 8077 and the call centre will call you back
  • You can register on the website

If you have already registered at any of these or through the MBOD you do not need to register again